Monday 29 September 2008

the ZRP in the news

Hello again, I felt compelled to come back and write about some of the things I have seen regarding the ZRP in the news...

The first thing that caught my eye was this story about Chihuri locking up a police officer for making remarks critical of Mugabe! Well Dinyero - take hope, I would be pleased to include you on the board of enquiry that reviews allegations against Chihuri! I would have thought by now that officers such as Dinyero, whose voice is growing stronger and louder each day would not be mistreated, but their detractors would do well to listen to them. The law under which Dinyero has been arrested is a very questionable law and I think it is high time that people using this so called "legislation" to protect Mugabe's reputation (you need a law to do that where normal people can see through your nonsense!), would be busy making exit plans themselves.

I note also that Chihuri is now COMMISSIONER GENERAL.... erm is this a police force or the army???? perhaps soon he will be the Commissioner Field Marshal General??? Get a grip - Commissioner is a standard for senior police men - but I guess he needed that to stand on an equal footing with the Generals in the JOC owned military junta! In my opinion, he would be lucky to be an auxiliary reserve constable.. not quite sure he would be up to that job either!


Starving Residents to Take Legal action Against the Police:

Another gem of professional policing also made it into the news with this story on the SWradio site! I see that the police, with nothing much else to do (since, of course real crime is NOT their business), felt reasonably motivated to interfere in people getting much needed food aid! Well, it is clear what their motivation was - they want the food themselves - and how dare anyone interfere with Mugabe's food and aid distribution policy? We have to remember that food only belong to those who vote for Mugabe... not those who really need it! (do excuse my sarcasm, but this fiasco would be laughable if it were not so sad!).

I wait in great anticipation to hear the explanations of those so called officers in days to come to try and justify what it was they were actually trying to achieve? These days are numbered and the corrupt officers who run these stupid operations and carry out these biased and ILLEGAL tasks need to start thinking about what they are doing. It will not be long now, before they must account for their actions.

I think the days are drawing in on this regime now.. and I think it is high time that officers woke up to their responsibilities. They will have to remember that they are there to protect the people and serve them and the nation as whole and not a single party.

And I note, thankfully, that the indomitable Bvudzijena is growing ever quieter.. maybe he is waking up? Nah - too much to hope for I think!

Later.

No comments: